Friday, April 1, 2011

MTC Week 4

Not much to report this week. I wrote quite a few letters today so, I don't want to repeat myself too much with this email.
Guess what? I'm a Zone Leader. Last weekend our current Zone Leaders were released and our current district leader, Elder Lott, and his companion, Elder Serafin, were moved into the positions. My companion, Elder Toala was made District Leader, and one of our sisters, Sister Wells, was made coordinating Sister. Our other two sisters, Sister Kersh and Sister Percival were made music coordinators. That's a bunch of leadership for our Zone/Branch coming out of our District. A lot of the older districts left this last week, so we are now one of the older ones even though we have only been here 3 weeks. Anyway, Elder Serafin received his visa the next day so he was a Zone Leader for less than 24 hours. I was picked to replace him. It's been pretty cool. We welcomed a new district into our zone this week. One of the new missionaries is the twin brother to Elder Larsen in our district. I felt prompted a few times by the spirit to teach the new district a couple things, so that was really neat. It built my respect and my testimony for leadership positions. They are really important, no matter who is in them. Elder Lott, the other Zone Leader, got his visa today. He leaves on Tuesday, so I don't know who is going to replace him. Who knows, at this rate I might get my visa too. President Aidukites will be really sick of appointing new Zone Leaders. When I get my visa I will get to call home the night I get my visa, and when I am at the airport. Both phone calls will be really short, like 4 minutes, but they should be fun. But, it all depends on when I actually get my visa. There is no ryme or reason to when or who they come to.
We got a new teacher today. Irmao Allred left us for a better paying job in Salt Lake. He was replaced by Irma Dickson. She is awesome. She went to Ribeirao Preto also. I'm the only missionary that I know of who is going there. Hardly anybody has even heard of it. No one knows where I am from, and no one knows where I am going. I'll have to get Irma Dickson to talk about Ribeirao Preto for a whole class period.
I think, as Zone Leaders, we get to pick the two people to say prayers at the devotional on Tuesday. That will be kinda crazy. Whoever we end up picking will be praying in front of 2000 + missionaries. It was either pick, or President Aidukites said we are doing it. =) I think he said the first thing though.
That's pretty much it for the week. It was really good. Tchau!
Elder Siemers

No comments:

Post a Comment