Monday, May 23, 2011

Mission Field Week 2

This week was a little frustrating with trying to speak portuguese but it ended on a high point. I got to baptize Leonardo. He is 14 and super awesome. He is going to be a missionary someday. It was a really awesome experience.

Brazil is really interesting. The food is super good. Rice and beans everyday for lunch, with some kind of meat, usually chicken. There is always fresh fruit. Lots of fruit we dont have in the United States.

We~ve had lots of potential investigators this last week, so this coming week we will visit with lots of people. Hopefully we can get some more investigators. I had to speak yesterday in church. It was really rough. My portuguese isnt the greatest and I was super nervous which makes my portuguese worse.

We walk a lot. We only take the bus to lunch appointments and to district meetings. My feet are usually really tired by the time we get home.

We are actually in a cold part of the mission. We have actually used our jackets in the evening and it gets cold at night. The rest of the mission isnt really like this, so it will be different when I get transferred. I~ll probably be here for the coldest part of the year and get transferred to the hottest part of the mission during the hottest part of the years. =)

Well, all is going well in Brazil. Tchau!

Elder Siemers

No comments:

Post a Comment