Monday, October 31, 2011

Franca!

This was an interesting week. The first time in a new area, so It was weird being dependent on my companion because I didnt know the area or the people her. We found a few really good people last week, so I have high hopes for this transfer.

I stepped into Wal - Mart the other day. That was weird. Never thought I would do that in Brazil. It was pretty much the same. I dont think I will bring myself to eat at McDonalds though. Maybe one time to see if it tastes the same, but I really dont have much of a desire to go there.

When I arrived here, I seperated my white shirts, to make sure I use the same ones, so I can use them up and keep some others nice to use later. This way I always have nice white shirts, and free up a little space in my suitcase instead of having lots of creme colored shirts and no space in my suitcase. I was washing my frequently used shirts so I used a shirt that I have not used very much. I walked past a tree that had a nail sticking out of it that I didnt see and snagged my shirt. Riiiiiiipp! So much for keeping some shirts nicer than others. At least I have a little more room in my suitcase now.

Yesterday it was raining. I left my umbrella outside of the church because I didnt put it with all the other umbrellas, just in case there was a mix up. I didnt want somebody to walk off with it on accident. My companion told me not to keep my umbrella outside so I grabbed it and put it inside with the others. At the end of church I found it. Then I went to grab some thing and two minutes later somebody had grabbed it by accident! Luckily it did not rain much yesterday.

Well, that was pretty much my week. I am excited for this area. I think it will be a really good city to work in.

Elder Siemers

No comments:

Post a Comment