Monday, July 25, 2011

New Transfer

Well, my second transfer in the field is over. Apparently July went somewhere while I wasnt looking. Elder Davis left yesterday and my new companion, Elder Estrada(I think thats his name), will be here about 6 oclock.


This last week was pretty good. We had a small meeting with the Mission President. He came here to interview everyone, and he had a few words to say to everyone before the interviews. He just emphasized working hard and being responsible. We have a new standard(or pattern), to work with and it gives us more freedom, but more responsibility also. He just wants to make sure we are doing what we should be doing so we can get the most out of our time.

My interview went fine. It was the first time I had ever sat down and talked with him, so it was a tiny bit awkward. He asked about how I am doing and how is family. Those type of questions. It was good though.

Ive been working pretty hard at studying the language this last month or so, and I am really starting to understand how the language works and is structured. I think after this next transfer I will be speaking really well. Having a Brazilian companion will help a whole bunch.

Life is good and things are going well. We made some really good contacts this last week so hopefully we will have some new people to teach this week. There's another companionship in the Center who have been working with a man. He went from smoking 4 packs a day to only smoking one or two cigarettes per day in just a week and a half. That was a week ago, so I have no idea where he is at now, but I imagine that he has stopped completely. Ive met him a couple times and he is really awesome.

I hope everyone is doing well. Have a good week!

Elder Siemers

No comments:

Post a Comment